Kitchen Assistant / Prep Cook
$16 to $18 per hour
REPORTS TO: Kitchen Manager/Chef
Do you enjoy working in the kitchen? Are you interested in joining a lower-stress environment of dedicated and hard-working people? We invite you to join our team! We are hiring for the position of Kitchen Assistant/Prep Cook. At Texas Sun Winery, we utilize a bistro kitchen for creating and preparing our delicious menu. Kitchen knowledge and experience is preferred, but not required. The Kitchen Assistant/Prep Cook position is part time: afternoons, evenings, and weekends, 25-35 hours per week. Texas Sun Winery is open for business Tuesday-Saturday. We are closed on Sundays and Mondays.
- Excellent communicator
- Detail oriented
- Well-kept appearance
- Enjoys cooking and plating food
- Food industry experience and basic knife skills preferred but not required
- ServSafe certification (can be completed after hire)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to work both independently and as a team
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must maintain an exceptionally clean and organized kitchen environment
- Able to work clear-minded in an occasionally fast-paced environment while multitasking
- Primary responsibility is to promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Texas Sun Winery: to provide each guest with a unique and exceptional experience, in an atmosphere of friendliness and relaxation, every time they visit.
- Provide assistance as instructed by Kitchen Manager/Chef
- Ensure all nutritional and sanitary requirements are met
- Ensure all aspects of kitchen cleanliness, including storage areas and refrigeration units
- Perform cooking and plating of food
- Perform food preparation as required for winery guests, private parties and winery events
- Slice vegetables, fruit, meat, cheese and other ingredients
- Assist Chef with labelling & storing food items, as well as maintaining ingredient stocks
- Keep all kitchen utensils and dishes appropriately washed and stored
- Assist with all dishwashing and wine glass polishing
- Complete opening and closing kitchen checklists as required by Chef
- A positive, friendly place to work. At Texas Sun Winery, each employee is considered a vital part of our team!
- Flexible hours. We appreciate that you have a life outside of work, and we make every effort to be as flexible as possible with each employee’s schedule.
- Competitive Pay: We start team members at a competitive pay rate, and desire to give raises based on performance
- Discounts: Each employee receives a 50% discount on all items purchased at the winery
- Advancement opportunities are available to those that demonstrate excellence, service, and care